Chair Rentals 101: How to Get Started
There are many events that require chair rentals. Whether you’re planning a wedding, a corporate event, a cocktail party, or an array of other occasions, you may find yourself in need of seating that is not only visually appealing, but also budget-friendly and comfortable.
Read our tips on how to get started with renting chairs for your event.
1. Formal or Informal Event Rentals
The formality or informality of your event will affect the number of chairs you will need to rent. If you’re hosting a formal event, you will need one chair for every guest. However, in the case of wedding chair rentals, you will have to take into consideration both the ceremony and reception. This means that you will need two chairs per guest; however, depending on where your ceremony and reception are located in relation to each other, you may be able to repurpose your chairs from your ceremony site to your reception location.
2. Beautiful Chair Rentals
No matter what type of chairs you ultimately choose, renting chairs is an investment. You want to ensure they enhance the overall atmosphere of your event. A few types of chair rentals you may want to take a closer look at are:
- Farm chairs: These lightweight chairs add a hint of rustic charm to any celebration.
- Chiavari chairs: Also known as the Tiffany chair, chiavari chairs are elegant and available in a variety of colors.
- Mirage chairs: Nicknamed the ghost chair for their translucent appearance, mirage chairs are beautiful without being distracting.
If you’re a bride who would like more details regarding matching chairs to your wedding theme, check out A Bride’s Guide to Table and Chair Rentals.
3. Budget-friendly Chair Rentals
- Resin bistro chair – Inspired by chairs at European sidewalk cafes, white resin bistro chairs are lightweight, stackable, and comfortable.
- Garden folding chair: These chairs are extremely versatile. Their sleek angles, variety of colors, and easy transportability make them ideal for both formal and informal events.
- Vinyl folding chair – Popular for both indoor and outdoor events, folding chair rentals are also available in multiple colors.
Chair Cover Rentals
Certain chairs, like the chiavari, mirage, or farm chair are beautiful all on their own. Others may benefit from the addition of a chair cover.
Here are five benefits to renting chair covers rather than buying them:
- It is more budget-friendly to rent chair covers than to purchase them. Although this one may seem like a no-brainer, renting chair covers will amount to a fraction of the cost of buying them.
- Renting chair covers is an easy way to enhance the beauty of your event set-up. Arriving wrinkle-free and ready to slip over your chairs, chair covers add a pop of sophistication to really impress your guests!
- With a variety of materials, colors, and sashes to choose from, renting chair covers allows you to match your decor to multiple events with different themes. For instance, if you’re hosting or coordinating a beach wedding, you might want to rent pillowcase chair covers with a beachy blue ribbon, whereas if planning a corporate dinner event, standard chair covers with black sashes might be most appropriate.
- After all the work of planning and hosting your event, the last thing you’ll want to do is clean linens. With chair cover rentals, you can simply remove the chair covers and send them back. Your event rental company will take care of the rest!
- Another thing to consider at the conclusion of the celebration is where you’re going to store those dozens of chair covers. By choosing to rent chair covers, you eliminate the need to create space for them.
Chair covers add elegance and uniformity to your event, and can be especially eye-catching when accented with a colored sash. Before renting chair covers, however, you will need to know the number of chairs you’ll need to cover as well as their dimensions to ensure they are completely enveloped. At Well Dressed Tables, our event specialists are happy to help you!
If you love the look of your chairs without covers, you can still enhance your atmosphere and make your guests feel extra special by tying sashes or ribbons to the chair backs, or decorating them with floral arrangements. You’re also able to choose which color cushions you’d like, for added comfort and aesthetics.
There are many things to consider when renting chairs for your event. Contact Well Dressed Tables today to talk to an event specialist, and learn about the other rentals we offer!